Windsor Lions Club
Address: Meetings at Golden Oak Golf Course
Email: Membership Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
The Windsor Lions Club is a community service organization chartered through Lions International, the largest service organization in the world, with more than 1.25 million members in 20 countries and geographic areas. The Lions Motto is “We Serve”. The Windsor Lions were chartered in 1947 and have contributed over 70 years of service to the Windsor community.
Windsor Lions meet twice per month, September through June. Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. every 2nd & 4th Monday of the month at the Golden Oak Golf Course. No meetings in July and August.
The Club performs volunteer work such as collecting and re-cycling of used eyewear and hearing aids, providing vision screenings, route marshals for the annual Windsor Hunger Walk, bell ringers for the Salvation Army Red Kettle Drive, setting up the nativity scene on the Village Green, and assisting at the Windsor Human Development Food Pantry. Other activities include the Adopt-A-Highway cleanup of the I-86 exit 79 ramp and local projects for the United Way Annual Day-of-Caring. We also participate in the Windsor Fun Days and the Window-on-the-Arts festival.
The club conducts several fundraising events throughout the year. These include an annual golf tournament, Christmas tree sales, broom sales, sno-kone sales, host for the Windsor Concert on the Green, Chicken BBQ’s, and a Grausgruber print raffle.
- Funds raised are used for numerous local and regional organizations, including: scholarships each year to college bound seniors at WCHS
- Free vision exams and eyeglasses
- Collection and re-cycling of used eye-wear and hearing aid
- WCHS Post Prom/SADD
- WCHS Foreign Exchange Program
- WCHS Student Athlete Awards
- Windsor Human Developement
- Sponsorship of WCHS band member(s) to Lions State Convention Youth Band
- Windsor Library
- Youth Easter Egg Hunt
- Lions Sign at Klumpp Park
- Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park
- Other needs as they present themselves
Regional/International projects which the Windsor Lions support include:
- Lions Camp Badger (Empire State Special Needs Experience at Spencer NY)
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- District Governor’s Project
- Finger Lakes Hearing Foundation
- NYS/Bermuda Lions Foundation
- Other needs, such as disaster relief and Lions International and State projects.
Membership Chair: Anne Burdick – 775-5735